Where to stay in Stockholm:
- We`ve had a lovely stay at Nobis Hotel which had a wonderful location, right in the centre of the city. You can read my Nobis hotel review here.
There`s definitely no shortage of good food in Stockholm. Prices are similar to London however the alcohol is much, much more expensive. Definitely not the place to go for getting wasted.
One interesting concept in Stockholm is that most Michelin star restaurants have a more affordable, relaxed sister restaurant next to it that still has delicious food but a more relaxed atmosphere, often with shared tables.
- Speceriet serving Nordic cuisine was one of our favourites of the trip
Beautiful deer at Speceriet
- Kyptin in the Old Town is a great choice for Swedish classics. I recommend the lovely fish stew.
- Oaxen Slip for Sunday lunch
- Restaurant AG for meat lovers
- Visit the colourful streets of Stockholm`s Old Town
- Take a morning stroll through Ostermalmshallen market
- Go for drinks and dancing in Berns where you`ll find plenty of bars & clubs
- Do a bit of vintage shopping at in the morning at Hornstullsmarknad and enjoy a snack from the amazing food trucks there
- For tourist attractions don`t miss Stockholm`s Town Hall, the Nobel Museum, and the Royal Palace
- Have a relaxing spa day at Centralbadet, Sturebadet spa, or at the extremely cool Japanese spa Hasseludden Yasuragi
- Shopping: the shopping in Stockholm is amazing although definitely not cheap. My favourite areas were Norrmalmstorg, and the Sofo area of Sodermalm
- If you`re staying longer than a weekend take a day trip outside the city to visit some of the other beautiful islands part of Stockholm archipelago